Search This Blog

Monday 28 December 2009

SWAZI NEWSPAPER TURNS PIMP

Just when you think the newspapers in Swaziland can’t get any worse, they do.


The Times of Swaziland, the kingdom’s only independent daily newspaper, is now acting as a pimp.


This week, the newspaper that has no shame, published a letter from a man in the United States who is seeking a Swazi woman for a wife.


And, according to his letter, any woman will do.


The sad man is visiting the continent next year to watch the soccer at the FIFA World Cup in neighbouring South Africa and while he is over here he wants to pick up a wife.


Don’t worry, he writes, ‘I’m not too picky; I just want a woman with a good heart to help me raise my daughter and take good care of me. I make good money so my wife will not need to work or worry about finances.’ His email address is then given for responses.


The Times editor, in a footnote to the letter says, ‘We [Swaziland] have beautiful women, who were raised right’. Presumably by ‘right’ he means will prostitute themselves to this man.

No comments: